Job descriptionUX Researcher
Length: 12 Months
Rate: £50.00 - £59.00 per hour (40 hours p/w)
The Infra Data Center team is dedicated to being the leader in developing, building and operating highly reliable, safe, and efficient data centres through high-quality execution and innovation. Infra Research plays an important role in understanding user journeys and product requirements.
- Plan and execute rigorous end-to-end custom primary research using the right methodology (esp. qualitative methods), and partner with Data Science to distil data-informed UX recommendations.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners (Product Management, Product Design, Engineering) and other researchers in refining research approaches and making insights-based product recommendations.
- Deliver actionable research insights that make the product experiences measurably better.
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways to a broad and diverse audience, and across organisational boundaries.
- Master in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Information Science, Computer Science, Engineering, or Political Science or related fields.
- 3+ yrs of experience conducting qualitative user experience research in a corporate environment, including concept-testing, usability, interviews, diary studies, contextual inquiry/observations, ethnography.
- Experience with remote and in-person research.
- Strong influencing skills with experience conveying research findings and implications to diverse audiences (incl. diverse functions, seniority, and through different research artefacts).
- Impeccable research rigour and ability to deliver polished outputs in speech and writing.
- Analytical, project management, and problem-solving experience.
- Experience with autonomy and independent execution. Ability to see projects through.
- Experience working in-house in an at-least a medium-sized company (10k employees).
- Enthusiasm for and experience in working on internal tools and enterprise software.
- Working with backend corporate functions (e.g., Finance, HR, Compliance, IT backend).
- Some experience working in management consulting or other roles that are about analysing and improving organisational setups.
- Ph.D. in an empirical discipline.