Job descriptionUX Researcher
Length: 12 months
Rate: £24-29 p/h
Hours: 9am – 6pm
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of how users engage with technology.
- Collect and analyze user behavior via qualitative and quantitative methods, eg. benchmark studies, literature reviews, usability studies, concept tests and surveys.
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers and research managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Evangelize research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Excellent leadership, communication and teamwork skills.
- The ability to operate in a very fast-paced environment.
- BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science or other related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of work experience.
- Experience in writing discussion guides/research plans, conducting semi-structured interviews, contextual field visits, in-person and remote usability studies . Training in research methodologies.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work independently.
- Master's degree in a related field. 4+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Experience in survey design (ie: Qualtrics).
- Working knowledge of statistics and experimental design.
- Demonstrated understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Demonstrated passion for mobile, apps or development environments.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Remote usability testing (e.g. Userzoom or usertesting.com)
Interested? Please apply today!