Job descriptionTransfer Engineer – Music
Our well known music client is looking for a Transfer Engineer to be responsible for transferring audio to a digital file format via digital audio workstation from a variety of different sources. These will primarily be ¼” and ½” analogue tape but will also include digital formats such as uMatic and DAT in order to preserve their audio content and metadata for future use and/or supply it to clients in a specified manner. It is imperative the transfers must reproduce the original recorded audio as accurately as possible.
What you need for the role:
- Familiarity with a DAW such as SADiE, plus a working knowledge of analogue and digital tape formats
- Prior experience and thorough knowledge of using analogue tape machines is essential
- Familiarity with formats such as DAT, CDR, Sony 1630 uMatic and the relevant equipment used will be beneficial
- The ability to prioritise effectively and work to meet tight and exacting deadlines
- Excellent communication skills are required for liaison with clients
- Clear commitment to and consistent delivery of excellent customer service, high quality production and technical excellence
- Previous experience of/knowledge and understanding of Post Production would be a distinct advantage
- Ability to establish a co-operative working relationship with customers and other members of the studio group
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Conscientious and able to work with minimal supervision
If you haven't heard from us within 7 days, I am afraid you haven't been successful this time. Please do keep an eye on our website careermovesgroup.co.uk for further opportunities.