Job descriptionTechnical Program Manager
Length: 12 Months
Rate: £58.00 - £64.00 per hour (40 hours p/w)
Our client’s projects are aimed at delivering connectivity to people without access to the internet and increasing connectivity for people with access to existing, but inadequate network infrastructures.
They are taking both practical and ambitious approaches to large scale problems and are looking for candidates who share a passion for tackling complexity and building communication systems and software that will impact the way communities connect and share information.
Technical Program Manager, Connectivity Responsibilities
• Manage cross-functional programs in a matrix organization including external partners covering a range of areas.
• Interest and willingness to work on both complex engineering and value proposition/strategy.
• Provide hands-on program and project management.
• Perform risk management and change management on projects.
• Identify dependencies and develop mitigation strategies across internal and external partners.
• Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects, datasets and tasks.
• Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
• Manage and drive strategic vendor engagement and deliveries.
• Work independently with minimal supervision.
• Travel 1-2 times a year (both domestic and international) with lengths of at most a week at a time.
• B.S. in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
• 6+ years of technical product/program/project management experience.
• Experienced in applying quantitative methods and statistical analysis to solve business problems.
• Experience with technologies such as Private Networks and Enterprise 5G or Operator connectivity technologies
• Analytical and problem-solving experience with systems.
• Organizational, coordination, and multi-tasking experience. Experience with Agile way of working.
• Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones.
• Knowledge of partnership ecosystem in UK on connectivity related technologies is a big plus.
• Communications infrastructure systems experience, and experience working with technical management teams to measure and analyze data at scale.
• Experience with network design, planning, monitoring and support at scale.
• Experience with large scale telecommunication systems.