Job descriptionTechnical Program Manager
Length: 12 months
Rate: £77-83 p/h
The main function of a Technical Program Manager is to provide successful definition, implementation and delivery of complex programs that require cross-functional collaboration and interdependencies across a group of projects and/or related activities.
• Deliver programs within the constraints of scope, quality, time and budget and under circumstances involving multiple moderate-probability, moderate-impact risk factors.
• Program-level strategic planning, interaction with executive level management, complex issue resolution, excellent communications and team building skills.
• Manage a group or groups of internal exempt and matrixed employees and contractors that serve on the project(s) to deliver systems and systems enhancements that meet specified requirements.
• Oversight of project scope definition and management, requirements gathering and documentation, time estimating, project schedule development and tracking, project budget management, project status reporting, issue and risk management, contingency planning, customer interaction, and communications across multiple organizational levels.
• Project estimating, project scheduling & tracking, customer interaction and management, implementation planning in large organizations
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities
• Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization
• Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions
• Experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment
• Experience with software development lifecycle
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
• PMP or PMI certification
Interested? Please apply today!