Job descriptionRole: Technical editor
As a technical edit, you edit tutorials and conceptual material targeted at end users, IT pros, and software developers who want to use cloud based enterprise products.
Your primary authors are partner engineers, platform specialists, and software engineers—they are not professional technical writers, and some might not be writing in their first language. You transform drafts they create to address content gaps and new features into polished technical documentation suitable for publication in help centers and developer sites.
- Edit technical content for end users, IT pros, and developers.
- Edit novice and ESL writers for adherence to globalization and localization standards.
- Work closely with the development, partner engineering, and other internal groups.
- Manage incoming workload, ongoing updates, and set and own all deadlines.
- Understand, know, and update standards, templates, editorial guidelines, and globalization best practices.