Job descriptionSenior Data Scientist
Working for this high profile retail tech brand, you will work closely with the team lead and senior management to identify, scope, and prioritise projects, plan and manage those projects, support the hand-off of prototype systems and algorithms to operational Technology teams, and effectively communicate complex technical issues and findings to a range of technical and non-technical internal audiences.
As part of the Insight Team, you will enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the industry and the ability to see your insights turned into real solutions on a regular basis. You will work on projects in all the areas touched by data science, dealing with real problems and having a real impact on the operational performance of the company. You will be given a high level of autonomy in how you approach these problems and will be encouraged to research and seek out innovative solutions.
- In collaboration with Senior Management, you will, scope and prioritise key projects
- You will plan and manage data-driven projects for the business
- You will support the hand-off of prototype systems and algorithms to operational technology teams
- You will effectively communicate complex technical issues and findings to a range of technical and non-technical internal audiences
- You will act as a strong business partner to internal departments
- You will hold a strong academic record including a postgraduate degree in mathematics, statistics, or the sciences from a top-ranked university.
- Demonstrated computer programming ability including fluency in two or more of Python, Java (or equivalent), and SQL.
- Experience conducting analysis on large data sets and providing rigorous interpretations of the results.
- The ability to model complex problems mathematically and/or computationally, and appropriately apply results obtained using those models.
- A solid understanding of key statistical concepts.
- Machine learning experience.
Preferred Experience (In addition to minimum)
- Successfully conducted research of significant scope – an M.Phil. or Ph.D. will be looked on favourably.
- Cluster computing data processing frameworks (e.g. Spark)
- Common machine learning toolkits (e.g. scikit-learn)
- Deep learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, Theano, Torch...)
If you haven't heard from us within 7 days , I am afraid you haven't been successful this time. Please do keep an eye on our website careermovesgroup.co.uk for further opportunities.