Job descriptionSecurity Studio Coordinator
Length: 6 Months
Rate: £20.00 - £21.00 per hour
Our client is seeking a Security Studio Coordinator to support their Security Operations Studio Specialist as they expand across multiple sites within the UK. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day security operations at one of their newest MLA facilities in the UK.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day security operations at Long cross Studio and will support other studio facilities across EMEA, as requested by the Security Operations Studio Specialist and/or Security Operations Manager.
This will include vendor management and direct liaison with third party productions and members of the Production teams and Production Facilities Management &Operations (PFMO) team.
Reporting directly to the Security Operations Studio Specialist for EMEA, the successful candidate must be able to pivot to support other areas of the security team, often at short notice.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking,
flexible, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and unwavering attention to detail.
This role requires someone who is an excellent communicator with the ability to form positive collaborative relationships and the ability to exercise good judgment and communication.
- Overseeing the day to day security operations at Long cross Studios.
- Undertaking operational planning for Long cross Studios in liaison with the safety team , Production team, Facilities Management and Operations (PFMO) team and (where required) productions.
- Building Strong relationships through effective communication with stakeholders, including SEU management, Long cross tenants and productions. Liaising with local residents and tenants to ensure that their interests are not adversely affected and maintaining good working relationships.
- Identifying and addressing any concerns in relation to security infrastructure or maintenance at the site; working with PFMO and SEU to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Supporting and liaising with the Safety team to ensure the MLA standard is maintained across the site.
- Managing the security vendor and their officers to ensure the manned guarding operation runs seamlessly and ensuring the resilience of the security operations remains within the acceptable guidelines set out in the contract.
- In conjunction with the Studio Specialist, creating and implementing procedures and workflows aligned with the company culture, which ensures a frictionless experience for visitors and productions.
- In conjunction with the Studio Specialist, working with the Security vendor manager to produce effective assignment instruction and ways of working.
- Providing additional security officer training and development to ensure the company culture is embedded in their ways of working. Ensuring all security personnel are confident in undertaking emergency incident management and health and safety compliance.
- Where requested, supporting the production cast/crew both alone or in partnership with any specialist security team already in place with the Production. Ensuring cohesion across the site’s security, working with third-party security vendors.
- Management of any incident of theft or other criminal act and accurate and timely reporting of such incidents, to the relevant departments and authorities. Where requested, managing external influences such as the media and paparazzi.
- Understanding the local laws and powers available in order to mitigate any unlawful access or intrusion is important
- 3+ years’ experience within operational security; preferably within a production or entertainment environment
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and with experience working with security vendors and multiple stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to take educated risks and think out of the box
- Production experience from pre-production to principal photography and wrap with an excellent understanding of the production landscape preferred (comparable operational experience will be considered)
- General understanding of security systems (cameras, card readers, radios etc)
- A team player with an ability to supervise several projects at once
- Ability to respond after hours when necessary in a timely manner (for important or urgent requirements)
- Ability to be discreet and handle confidential information
- Proficiency with Google Suites / MS software
- Understanding of how to prioritize workload and action accordingly