Job descriptionRobot Wrangler
Length: 12 Months
Rate: £16.00 - £20.00 per hour
Hours: 9am – 6pm
Our client is seeking Robot Wranglers to help maintain their sophisticated robots ranging from hardware/software configuration management to robot operational readiness.
You would be responsible for maintaining the highest amount of uptime possible on the robotics systems to maximise it’s ability to gather data at scale.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Setup, run and take down various lab experiments, which involves dataset collection (retrieval, filing and labelling) and maintaining both hardware and software configurations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues and appropriately communicate issues and resolutions.
- Performing preventative maintenance routines on hardware, such as battery change-outs and device calibrations
Education: While a degree is not required, our client is interested in people with technical backgrounds. Relevant degrees are in Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering. Trade certifications are also suitable if they involve electromechanical work.
- A candidate will have a relevant period of about 3+ years in a relevant technician level role in one of the following types of industries, but not limited to these:
- Aerospace industry in assembly and maintenance of equipment
- Military service specializing in equipment or vehicle repair
- Electronic product assembly and repair
- Automotive industry
- Robotics integrator or similar
- Skills or processes candidates must have to be considered for role:
- 3+ years’ experience in electromechanical assembly
- 3+ years of hand tool usage
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both written and spoken mediums
- On occasion be able to lift and move heavy items.
- Specific Tools or Applications experience:
- Company Apps for tracking spreadsheets and communicating via email
- Bug tracking systems
- Process trackers like Jira for status updates
- Basic computer literature. Linux shell usage. Move files across the hard drive. SSH into remote machines. Upload, download files to remote machines.
- Soldering skills
- Some experience with making cable harnesses & cable management
- Be able to write code in both Python and Bash scripting to ensure robot operational functionality
- Cable harness design, construction, and management