Job descriptionResearch Program Manager
Length: 12 months
Rate: £59-64 p/h
Research Program Managers build and scale global research programs to strengthen the impact of our world-class UX Research team. We do this by implementing operational systems, connecting teams and knowledge, and problem solving operational hurdles to enable researchers to do their most impactful work.
Our Research Program Managers are experts in problem solving and multitasking, building relationships, and utilizing a full range of organizational and interpersonal skills that help our talented teams operate at their highest and most effective level. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, resourceful, highly organized, detail-oriented, and collaborative.
- Own oversight of project progress across teams. Systematize project monitoring, review, and evaluation across our teams; documenting progress, identifying efficiencies to prioritize, and tracking improvements, and communicating roadblocks and successes.
- Proactively identify inefficiencies within our organization to help drive better, more efficient workflows (e.g. project lifecycle execution, etc.).
- Develop team-wide metrics based on key areas for increased organizational efficiency. Establish a process of monitoring these on-going, refining where needed.
- Develop communications approach (channel, content, cadence) to increase visibility of i) project progress projects ii) towards organizational goals.
- Maintain and refine existing operational systems and processes (e.g. onboarding of new hires, newsletters, etc.)
- Scope team-levels capability needs and expand available research methodologies; accordingly, identify gaps, unblock/encourage adoption, document operational execution and best practices, etc.
- Develop standardized team materials (e.g. planning materials, etc.) and ensure adoption, reviewing and refining as needed. Ensure implementation of best practices within our UXR organization.
- Identify and execute coordinated opportunities for learning and development initiatives (e.g. socials, arranging internal/external guest speakers, etc.)
- Develop understanding of ‘team health’ (e.g. via listening tours to define key issues/opportunities). Create a ‘team health ‘scorecard’ for review periodically/tracking over time.
- 5+ years’ experience of end-to-end research project or program management, with a background establishing programs and supporting teams
- Experience working in/familiarity with UX Research discipline (client-side or agency-side)
- Experience building relationships with peers and stakeholders (inc. leadership) and collaborating with cross-functional teams across multiple locations
- Track record of operating independently and delivering results, embracing ambiguity, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner
Interested? Please apply today!