Job descriptionPublic Policy Extern
Length: 12 months
Our clients mission is to create and communicate rules for how our products may be used by people. This person will be responsible for regulatory compliance policy development, with a focus on advertising regulation.
- Candidates must be able to apply complex, evolving frameworks to new and developing regulatory compliance issues and make difficult decisions under pressure.
- You will provide policy counsel to local public policy teams and leadership working to address regulatory takedown challenges.
- You will be responsible for helping develop and refine our regulatory compliance policies and managing escalations from those policies -- including by coordinating cross-functional responses to content decisions that take into consideration local regulatory compliance and international human rights obligations and weigh up risk in order to provide effective policy advice to leadership.
- Candidates must be able to work at pace to make difficult decisions under pressure, use critical thinking skills.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in policy, law, human rights, government, business, or risk management with an emphasis on platforms and technology
- Experience with Internet/social media content issues
- Demonstrates analytical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience working cross-functionally and consensus-building
Interested? Apply today!