Job descriptionPublic Policy Business Manager
Length: 12 months
Rate: £64-70 p/h
- Advise and support planning for the EMEA PP team working closely with the Head of EMEA public policy
- Provide and day-to-day management on critical policy projects
- Identify, monitor and analyse current and emerging public policy issues affecting our clients products in the EMEA region
- Identify proactive strategies to solve policy challenges to advance our client's product policy goals
- Engage with policymakers, government officials, industry partners, thought leaders and civil society groups
- Design and lead innovative regional programs and campaigns to shape the public and political climate of opinion around our clients product and the issues it cares about
- Work with the global team to develop our clients' product policy positions in briefing papers, consultation responses and internal policy meetings on key issues, including encryption, privacy, integrity, safety, economic development, and e-commerce
- Advise our clients' product teams on regional public policy matters to guide development of products, services and policies
- Represent our clients' products at public events in the region.
- Significant work experience in Public Policy, including experience managing strategic outreach with diverse stakeholders within policy advocacy or in a government position.
- Experience managing policy projects / programs (formal project management qualification a bonus)
- Degree or advanced degree in policy, law, international affairs, or any other related field.
- Keen understanding of, and interest in, public policies related to technology, privacy and safety.
- Strong understanding of the regional, political landscape and policy issues in the EMEA region
- Experience working with EU institutions in Brussels
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal.
- Experience executing cross-functional campaigns.
- Strong teamwork experience and proven track record of collaborative approach to problem solving
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and do any task required to get the job done
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgement, comfortable with ambiguity, and the ability to have a sense of humour under pressure
Interested? Please apply today!