Job descriptionProduction Scheduler
About the Scheduling Team:
Join our Planning Team and become an essential part of our clients team. Our team makes sure that the operators working on the content in a timely manner. Every day we are making sure everyone keeps their deadlines; and the work is done on time with fantastic result. The Scheduling team is always available to help, plan and execute. Planning team offering an ambitious and dynamic environment with daily opportunities to learn and grow.
About the role
We are looking for a Data Scheduler that can handle all I / O and VT requests. Data Scheduler always ensures a smooth start and end of a project. Over time, Data Scheduler will expand to other booking areas (digital / QC).
- Diploma in film or a similar field. Passion for television and all media-related topics.
- Experience is not necessary as we provide full training, but one or two years of experience in a similar position is an advantage.
- Great attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple priorities to ensure meeting deadlines.
- Critical thinking skills - solutions and suggestions to improve the process.
- Proactive hands-on approach.
- Team player
Role and responsibilities
- Responsible for the day to day monitoring and scheduling of work orders.
- Ownership of the service/task queue assignments and responsible for ensuring due dates are completed
- Assignment of tasks and resources to technical operators
- Monitor resources and staffing for each department
- Fielding of all department correspondence regarding delivery/receiving requests
- Identify and highlight potential capacity and resource issues to department line management
- Ensure that all potential scheduling conflicts and issues are resolved efficiently
- Work directly with managers to ensure operators are following the schedule and that work order statuses are updated in a timely manner
- Regularly liaise with Line Management and Account Managers to ensure that all work is adequately scheduled and relay any information regarding issues and potential delays.
- Collaborate with Line Management and Account Managers in resolving deadline related issues, towards a timely resolution
- Represent and uphold all department policies and procedures and maintain an exceptional level of service
- Attend and at times lead daily Scheduling meetings held with Account Managers and Operations Line Management
- Ensure documentation is maintained, kept up-to-date and circulated to Management
- Be technically conversant in our scheduling and monitoring systems be able to deal with any questions or issues that may arise from staff.
- Regularly liaise with the HOD’s to relay any information regarding issues and potential delays to jobs.