Job descriptionOnboarding Engineer – Media
London | Hybrid
If you’re solutions orientated Onboarding Engineer who process exceptional people skills, offers a high level of customer service and would like to join an award winning multimedia company whose goal is to provide an exceptional customer service with every client on every job, then read on…
This position sits with the Onboarding Department and reports to the local Onboarding Manager under direction of the Global Onboarding Director. You’d collaborate with Business Systems and Technology departments to support the Operations, Sales and Client Services departments.
Your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Testing, research and development, system integration, working with delivery platforms and onboarding new clients, specs, workflows and processes for operational implementation.
- Onboarding of outbound workflows to international broadcasters and platforms.
- Creation of edit templates, export presets, transcode profiles and complete standardisation of workflows.
- Creation of client specific inbound landing points via Aspera or Signiant.
- Creation of outbound delivery pathways.
- Creation of automated workflows.
- Creation of test files and complete setup testing to complete onboards.
- Manage client and destination technical specifications to make sure workflows are up to date.
- Develop automation both on premises and in the cloud.
- Develop tools and software with development teams and operational supervisors.
- Ensure automation, integration and communication between all production systems.
- Create a second-to-none comprehensive onboarding experience for clients and destinations. Departments.
- Liaise with Sales and Client Services departments to assess workflows for quoting and SLAs with the client.
- Provide technical support to Operations’ Managers and Supervisors across the Digital, MAM, Data Library, Authoring and Quality Control departments.
- Liaise with Technology to set up production, operational and automated workflow spaces.
- Liaise with Technology to set up inbound data landing pads and outbound pathways through Aspera, Signiant or whatever method is required.
- Coordinate new client onboards with Finance, Technology and Business Systems Desired
Experience and skill set required to be successful in this role:
- 3+ years of post-production or media distribution experience.
- Strong level knowledge of Telestream Vantage and Vidchecker.
- Strong level knowledge of digital delivery platforms such as Aspera and Signiant.
- Strong knowledge of IBM Aspera Orchestrator extremely desirable.
- Working knowledge of Python, Linux, C++, HTML and Java a plus.
- Expert level knowledge of file formats, codecs, compression theory and audio essential.
- Strong knowledge of major platforms and packaging with metadata and artwork.
- Strong understanding of industry standard quality control processes.
- Ability to review and understand technical specs as they pertain to the creation of and delivery to broadcast and digital distribution platforms
- Strong multi-tasker, with experience with organizing and managing multiple priorities, while retaining comprehensive knowledge of multiple workflows
- Strong ability to follow direction, work unsupervised, at a fast pace in a calm and collected manner
- Ability to troubleshoot and act as a critical thinker
- Ability to manage client expectations and juggle multiple urgencies
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and inefficiency
If you haven't heard from us within 7 days, I am afraid you haven't been successful this time. Please do keep an eye on our website careermovesgroup.co.uk for further opportunities.