Job descriptionMarketing Manager– Music
Our global music client is looking for a Marketing Manager to join their team.
- Produce and manage marketing campaigns related to designated artists, projects and activities.
- Generate and implement creative ideas that reflect themes of a project, or elements that make the artist unique – both online and in real life.
- Offer strong, cohesive briefs to creative agencies and then select the best treatment to meet the needs of the marketing campaign.
- Instigate photo sessions, select photographers, draft contract, attend photo shoots and distribute contact sheets to team for discussion and approval.
- Select artwork designer / direct sleeve designer and obtain approval of both Artist Management and the GM (and International colleagues where appropriate).
- Liaise regularly with artists and their management to discuss any relevant marketing issues.
- Operate within agreed budgetary controls for initiation of records and marketing plans
- Write and publish weekly marketing updates.
- Manage relevant artist showcases and events.
- Coordinate retail-marketing strategy across retail and e-tail sectors with sales team
- Execute production of artist in store PAs and other promotional activities involving live performances.
- Liaise with the A&R Managers and producers of domestic roster acts with regards to master delivery, mixes, samplers, label copy, music samples and technical issues relevant to the initiation and marketing of a product.
- Have complete awareness of marketing cost-per-unit and the commercial context of any given album or project.
What you need for the role:
- Experience of working at Campaign Manager level
- Proven experience of successfully managing a wide range of acts
- Proven knowledge of charts, trends and artists
- Proven capability to work autonomously, demonstrating the ability to make decisions
- Drive and ability to push projects through to completion
- Experience of managing budgets
- Proven ability to contribute to innovative, creative and commercially successful marketing strategies
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience assisting photo shoots, including managing budgets, briefs and contracts
- Experience of working with and guiding external creative and media buying agencies
- An interest and proven experience of digital marketing
- Excellent contacts with photographers and creative agencies (desirable)
- Experience assisting with TV advertising campaigns (desirable)
- Experience of creating and delivering digital campaigns (desirable)
If you haven't heard from us within 7 days, I am afraid you haven't been successful this time. Please do keep an eye on our website careermovesgroup.co.uk for further opportunities.