Job descriptionMarketing Manager
Temp to Perm
Our client, a global music brand, is looking to place a Marketing Manager, in a temp to perm position. You’ll be working closely with the UK General Manager and the wider marketing team and will be responsible for overseeing and managing the release of their artist projects, both physically and digitally from inception to completion. You will initiate, plan and/or coordinate the creative marketing of the projects that you are assigned from inception to release in full and help to manage the development of the Marketing Assistant and Label Intern along with your senior Marketing colleagues.
This role will cover a roster of mainly electronic and pop/alt-pop UK and international artists but given the diverse roster of our client’s services, you will be expected to take on and/or oversee projects from a broad range of musical genres.
Skills and Experience:
- Prepare a timeline and marketing plan for each project in conjunction with GM and project team.
- Maintain an up-to-date Marketing & Promo (M&P) budget on each project, ensuring the budget is in line with approved marketing fund or spend.
- Be highly creative and inject marketing ideas and strategy into the single and/or album/EP project campaigns.
- Ensure that service deal marketing budgets are updated and sent regularly to the artist/management/label partner and any budget overages are agreed in writing.
- Liaise with the Marketing Assistant on tickets buys for all projects, ensuring appropriate quantities are purchased and amounts held in marketing budgets.
- Liaise with the Marketing Assistant to plan and organise regular campaign planning meetings for active projects, including preparing and chairing the meeting agenda and debriefing with the GM in advance of the meeting.
- Work with the UK Label team to ensure that the team maximises promotional and marketing opportunities for all the artists, by keeping abreast of all new developments both inside and outside the industry that could help us to maximise sales.
- Closely monitor project performance on DSP’s and social platforms using our client’s suite of data tools and working closely with the Data Analyst and Sales & Streaming team and work with the team on re-pitching any projects with significant upward momentum.
- Where relevant, commission the UK Insight Team for artist audience insight and liaise closely with the label’s Data Analyst on streaming and audience data insights.
- For our client’s roster, ensure the leading A&R is kept closely informed of all release plans, meetings, budgets, timelines and creative direction.
- For UK signings, liaise with Production to ensure releases are properly set up and all assets (audio, artwork, label copy) are submitted in the correct formats and in a timely manner.
- Liaise with the Promo team (either internal or external) on all UK artist promo runs including radio sessions, TV performances, press interviews, ensuring that costs are closely managed within budget and that the team/Marketing Assistant are briefed to slickly organise travel and logistical arrangements (gear hire etc), as required.
- Liaise with the labels digital marketing team and artist management on creative ideas for the artist’s online and social media presence, influencer campaigns, D2C store, website and asset creation, ensuring our client’s digital campaigns always incorporate the latest innovations formats and platforms to connect artists with audiences and artist website and social media remain up-to-date and on message at all times.
- Update the Sales & Streaming team on all project developments and supplying them with the tools they need to best sell our products e.g. POS/exclusives/D2C bundles/artwork and accurate sales notes.
- Work closely with our UK’s Synch Manager to ensure they are fully briefed on projects at the earliest possible stage.
- Working with our client’s insights and data, develop creative marketing strategies and partner pitches for your artists.
- Work with artists and managers, as required, to come up with an agreed creative direction, including but not limited to video commissioning, artwork commissioning, photo shoots, launch/listening event concepts, social media content and digital asset creation.
- Plan creative concepts for campaign advertising, where relevant briefing external media agencies and the internal digital media agency (Fused) regarding delivery of ads and artwork for TV, outdoor, print and digital campaigns.
- Monitor relevant industry awards, ‘ones to watch’ and marketing programmes for opportunities for your artist projects, preparing compelling entries/pitches/one-sheets as required.
- Develop ideas for creative brand partnerships to support creative marketing ideas that you have developed, working with your own network of contacts.
What you will to be successful in this role:
- You will have significant, demonstrable experience in a marketing role within a record label or artist/label services company.
- In-depth understanding of the release and production process, for both digital and physical releases.
- Passion for UK and US rap/hip-hop and R&B, Afrobeat, pop and electronic music
- Passion for contemporary culture and creative work relevant to our roster e.g. artwork and packaging design, photography, music video, lighting design, event concepts.
- Direct experience of digital marketing and social media strategy.
- Creative skills such as digital asset creation, editing, Photoshop, PowerPoint.
- An established contact network within the UK rap/hip-hop, R&B and Afrobeat music scene would be an advantage also.
- Experience of managing Junior team members e.g. interns or assistants, would be an advantage.
If you haven't heard from us within 7 days, I am afraid you haven't been successful this time. Please do keep an eye on our website careermovesgroup.co.uk for further opportunities.