Job descriptionMarketing Events Specialist
Length: 12 Months
Rate: £25.00 - £30.00 per hour
Hours: 9am – 6pm
Role and Responsibilities:
Our client is looking for an editor to help shape the future of marketing by delivering provocative, insightful thought leadership content on with company sites across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA).
This person will be instrumental in helping us inspire, educate, and give marketers access to data, insights, and perspectives that will change the way they do business.
This editorial role will involve researching, writing, editing, and project management for this B2B digital publication.
You’ll appreciate a solid story outline, revel in a structured approach to storytelling, love breaking down complex concepts, and enjoy drawing out the ‘so-what?’ from a deluge of information.
You will do all of this while working with multiple stakeholders, establishing yourself as a trusted editorial partner and a credible source of authority.
You’ll fully understand and articulate the values of Google and its business products, whilst confidently managing a variety of interests as you interact with a wide range of cross-functional teams.
Top Daily Responsibilities:
- Partner with marketing teams within the company to build their business narratives into compelling content, such as articles, infographics and videos. This will involve researching, writing, interviewing, and editing, along with arranging stakeholder approvals.
- Manage the company’s editorial calendar for the EMEA region, ensuring content is delivered, translated, and published on time. Additionally, work with the US-based teams to support and scale their online content in EMEA.
- Oversee daily tasks related with company site upgrades and maintenance, aligning with stakeholders from multiple teams.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven experience in journalism, publishing, copywriting, communications, PR, content marketing, project management, or a related field
- Proactive approach and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Organised and detail-oriented, but also able to see the big picture
- Experience pitching, writing, and editing high-quality content for an online platform.
- Proven experience writing about real-world trends in media, marketing, technology, and/or consumer behaviour.
- Experience working in a cross-functional team, with individuals who specialise in areas such as social media, email marketing, data analysis, and production.