Job descriptionMarketing Data Stewart
Length: 6 Months
Rate: £440.00 - £500.00 per day
Hours: 9am – 6pm
Objective of the role: As a Data Steward, you will enable the business to collect and use rich, relevant, and legally compliant data for marketing. You will ensure this is done, first and foremost, with the goal of creating better experiences for our client’s consumers and customers. You will ensure that global standards are deployed simply and agilely within local marketing processes, technology eco-systems and third-party processing activities.
Role complexity: The ideal candidate will possess a strong working knowledge of consumer data related challenges in a marketing context i.e. data collection, consent and preferences management, data storage, sharing, data marketing, retention as well as breach and crisis management in case of issues. You will partner collaboratively with market representatives from Marketing, Legal and Commercial and work hand in hand with Global Legal to set the standards, with the goal of simple, agile implementation in local market plans.
Drive Standards and Best Practice:
- Build and then customise global data and privacy standards for local markets to meet local regulations and local marketing goals;
- Partner with local and global digital teams and Legal teams to frame and shape a local data strategy;
- Work with global teams to create repeatable processes and tools which can be leveraged by markets, including a clear view of data ownership in the market
- Partner with local legal teams to analyse upcoming local regulation to determine the company’s risk assessed position.
- Support markets to overcome challenges and open opportunities to drive precision marketing locally.
- Implement local controls required to protect data from accidental or deliberate misuse and support the company’s assurance process
- Provide expert technical and procedural advice and solutions to consumer data governance and challenges;
- Conduct regular training programmes and workshops with marketers in markets to improve capabilities for collecting and using consumer data.
- 10+ years of experience in working within digital data, with a focus on privacy, resulting in a strong understanding of privacy, data marketing technologies and solutions.
- Strong knowledge of data protection and privacy and new laws and regulations including the GDPR, e-Privacy Directive, etc.
- Understanding of the end-to-end Consumer Data Lifecycle: data collection, profiling, cloud storage, CRM platforms, and architecture
- Evidence leadership skills around risk-based analysis
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation abilities