Job descriptionManager, Global Corporate Communications & Publicity – Sports & Entertainment
Calling all sports and entertainment-obsessed storytellers with experience in PR, Media Relations, and Marketing. Our entertainment client is looking for a dynamic publicist, marketer, and media professional to work as their next Manager of Global Corporate Communications & Publicity.
In this role, you will support PR & Communications efforts across the clients Sports & Entertainment Network of agencies to amplify agency and client-focused initiatives and generate positive publicity and editorial coverage for our agencies, executives, divisions, clients, campaigns, and staff.
As a communications and media relations expert, you will work directly with the Director of Communications and Vice President of Global Communications, as well as other senior . You will amplify the award-winning work of the agencies, employees, and partners, with a specific focus on clients international offices and work worldwide.
- Support Director of Communications and Vice President, Global Communications on the communications, publicity, and media relations.
- Work with senior representatives of Communications department, as well as other executives on pitching, securing, and placing regular editorial coverage worldwide.
- Write and update communications materials, including press releases, bios, talking points, pitches, award submissions, etc.
- Proactively pitch domestic and international media outlets, as well as coordinate publicity opportunities for executives and staff.
- Contribute to the clients social media efforts and platforms to grow channels and increase engagement.
- Manage the clients Contributors Network publishing calendar and assignments, while developing positive relationships with internal teams to secure additional content.
- Build and maintain the clients press/media contact lists.
- Work with team members on ad hoc projects, assignments, and events.
What you need for the role:
- 4+ years of proven experience working in Communications, Public Relations, and or Marketing.
- An experienced communicator, with strong writing skills.
- Experience pitching stories and working with press/members of the media on long-lead features, short-form stories, as well as business or talent profiles. (Experience working with international advertising, marketing, and sports and entertainment trade outlets is a plus, but not required.)
- Background in drafting and sending out communications materials such as press releases, talking points, bios, and social media messaging.
- A social media savvy publicist, with an eye on what's new. You know what platforms to be seen and heard on, and you understand best practices.
- Ability to come up with inventive ideas and are open and flexible.
- Good understanding of how to plan effectively, keeping publication timelines and calendars organised.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, ideally in Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations.
Note: ***The location of this position can be flexible with a preference for working in our London office. We will also consider a remote-based working arrangement for qualified candidates***
If you haven't heard from us within 7 days, I am afraid you haven't been successful this time. Please do keep an eye on our website careermovesgroup.co.uk for further opportunities.