Job descriptionLabel e-Commerce Product Manager – MUSIC
Hybrid | London
Are you an E-Commerce Manager with music industry experience, if so this could be the role for you…..
Our music client is looking for a Label e-Commerce Product Manager to work closely with all areas of the label and artist management. To identify, design and develop profitable music and merchandise product ranges and deliver eCommerce product and marketing strategies that grow revenue across a diverse roster of eCommerce stores.
NOTE: this role is suited to an e-commerce manager rather than a product manage
Responsibilities will include:
- Deliver effective e-commerce product (music and merchandise) strategies across a wide range of frontline and catalogue artists with a focus on product sets such as vinyl and merchandise.
- Develop & deliver D2C product calendars for artists across the labels roster that deliver incremental revenue and deliver the best possible customer experience to our client’s fans at all times.
- Work with the artists, label A&R, creative teams, the central design and print team and 3rd party merchandisers to develop artist merch ranges.
- Where required, explore and close eComm merch artist deals directly with the artists, looking for opportunities with every artist from developing to established.
- Work with the central e-CRM team, demand marketing & media buying teams to ensure that e-Commerce initiatives are integrated into all central marketing/CRM and paid media activities.
- Track ROI and campaign effectiveness. Report sales trends and store activity, identifying pitfalls and sharing learnings for future campaigns.
- Proven experience in eCommerce specifically in music product development / merchandising ideally in music
- A demonstrable ability of brand management specifically developing always on or evergreen and merchandise ranges.
- A passion for music and fashion and as it relates to merchandise. The successful candidate will have a demonstrable creative mindset to create engaging products for our client’s artist stores.
- Strong understanding of core eCommerce best practice focused on achieving an amazing fan experience.
- A Commercial & analytical approach to business, adept at working and achieving store revenue targets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to liaise with third parties, initiate and fulfil initiatives in a proactive manner.
- A solid understanding of performance marketing and using a marketing channel mix to drive e-Comm sales.
If you haven't heard from us within 7 days, I am afraid you haven't been successful this time. Please do keep an eye on our website careermovesgroup.co.uk for further opportunities.