Job descriptionJunior Analyst – Music
London | Hybrid
Are you data driven, experienced in monitoring and reporting on global streaming and viral trends, passionate about global fan communities and keen to work within an international marketing team that supports various labels and their UK signed artists?
If you’re nodding your head then read on, this role could be for you!
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Use SQL to manage the application of data and insight as part of day-to-day reporting on our client’s UK projects
- Provide more in-depth analysis specific to priority projects and artist development campaigns
- Measure success and report learnings from central and internationally run activity
- Monitor and report on streaming & viral trends in developed and emerging markets around the world and communicate ways in which our client can replicate successes
- Define success metrics and benchmarks that help tailor and adapt the international strategy
- Help the international marketing team identify markets in which new artists could break initially and outline regions in which campaigns need help/improvement
- Analysing previous campaigns and developing strategies to make future improvements
- Deliver insight presentations internally to international team and UK labels
- Carry out research into competitor campaigns, their impact & any learnings
- Analyse international charts to determine potential patterns and opportunities in key markets
- Develop understanding of streaming and consumption behaviours in emerging & growth markets, learning from local artist activity and applying to UK artist releases
- Work alongside marketing team to identify international opportunities for UK roster
- Work with data specialists in labels & central teams – both in UK and internationally - to develop bespoke data tools that can be used for department insight and reporting
- Contribute to long-term plan to effect positive change within the label using data & analysis
- Experience using SQL to analyse data
- Passionate about the music
- Interested in the world we live in and the different cultures within it
- Passionate about fan communities around the world
- Self-motivated, hardworking, and enthusiastic.
- Flexible and able to prioritise own workload.
- Good computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office, Excel, Word.
- Happy to communicate with other team members remotely whether on the phone, email or zoom
- Exposure to Python during education or upskilling yourself
- Experience working in music (personal or professional).
- Desire to work within marketing
- Good attention to detail