Job descriptionInteraction Designer
Length: 12 Months
Rate: £55.00 - £74.00 per hour
Hours: 9am – 6pm
- Work with a multidisciplinary design team of interaction, visual, motion designers and researchers to help to define the user model and user interface for Material Design on Wear OS
- Work with product managers and engineers throughout the whole product design and development process.
- Create design deliverables, including rationale, principles, user flows, wireframes, mock ups, and prototypes.
- Clearly communicate principles, guidelines and usage for Material Design UI to both internal and external teams.
- Collaborate closely with internal and external teams to help them create excellent experiences on Wear OS, including identifying CUJs, understanding Wear interaction, principles and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, a related field, or equivalent practical experience 11 years of experience as a designer
- A portfolio demonstrating design work on mobile
- Portfolio demonstrates a user-centered design process
- Portfolio demonstrates taking designs from concept to execution
- Portfolio demonstrates ability to adapt to different surfaces, platforms, mediums, i.e. some mix of UI/UX on mobile, wearables, voice interfaces
- Interest in the leaps and impacts of technology and a desire to question the status quo
- Clear, bold, and accessible design style
- Ability to articulate new ideas using simple narratives