Job descriptionHead of Data Science
Competitive salary plus bens
Working for this innovative retail/tech brand, as Head of Data Science, you will be responsible for building a Data Science team, leading and inspiring excellent performance that is truly data driven. You will set clear strategic priorities and execute them to drive the brands performance.
The Data Science function will have a huge influence on critical business strategies and decisions and this position will play a pivotal role in making this brand a global leader.
You will have experience of building and leading a Data Science team, have extensive knowledge of data science tools, be emotionally intelligent and thrive on translating compelling data into a clear commercial vision with key stakeholders, including Senior Leadership.
● Lead on the creation of the new Data Science team, establishing current capabilities and build new processes, analytical tools using various statistical and AI techniques
● Build and execute analytical resolutions by working with complex data sets across various technologies. You will translate compelling data into a clear vision and thrive on communicating complex data to Senior Leaders and Non Technical audiences
● You will work cross functionally with commercial, marketing and product teams to agree and prioritise clear deliverables and develop new product workstreams
● Oversee management contribution, such as coaching and developing the Data Science team
● Have ownership of 3rd party outsourced providers
To be considered you must have:
● You will have experience of leading a successful Data Science team and inspiring great performance. Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to forge and maintain positive working relationships with stakeholders
● Demonstrated computer programming ability including fluency in two or more of Python, Java (or equivalent), and SQL.
● Proven ability to apply Data Science and machine learning techniques to commercial processes
● The ability to model complex problems mathematically and/or computationally, and appropriately apply results obtained using those models.
● Experience of engineering large and complex data sets to achieve significant business improvements
● Strong academic background mathematics, statistics, sciences or a relevant field of study
● Experience of establishing new and improved ways of making use of current and future data tooling
Preferred Experience (In addition to minimum)
● You will have knowledge of the Data Science Outsource market and experience of working in, or managing an outsourced team
● Cluster computing data processing frameworks (e.g. Spark)
● Common machine learning toolkits (e.g. scikit-learn)
● Deep learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, Theano, Torch...)
PLEASE NOTE: As much as we would love to respond to all applicants, due to the sheer volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not heard from us within 7 days of sending your CV, unfortunately you have not been selected for the position. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.