Job descriptionGraphic Designer (temp role) - Research Institute
Our client is looking for a temporary Graphic Designer for an ongoing assignment.
What you need for the role:
- Over 5 years experience working in a creative publication-based department
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. Cartography software experience would be an advantage (MAPublisher)
- Ability to take ownership of projects with minimal supervision working to tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Visualise complex data
- Create, produce and edit book covers, infographics, icons, maps and marketing material including adverts, leaflets, flyers and banners
- Typeset books, papers and reports for publications, conferences and events
- Prepare and preflight print ready files to high standards of quality and checking printer proofs
- A basic knowledge of digital platforms and website development with the ability to use a CMS system to upload content and images (Sitecore would be an advantage)
- Contribute to other tasks such as updating publication design guidelines and brand design; archive assets and maintain the image database; stationery
- Liaise with key colleagues for briefs, updates and data requests
- Other ad hoc tasks include photography and picture research
If you haven't heard from us within 7 days, I am afraid you haven't been successful this time. Please do keep an eye on our website careermovesgroup.co.uk for further opportunities.