Job descriptionFront of House Assistant
Length: 3 Months
Rate: £14.00 - £17.00 per hour (40 hours p/w)
Our client is looking for an ambitious person to join their unique people-first business which continues to grow at pace. Their business has a start-up entrepreneurial culture but operates within a large, high profile global company making them uniquely collaborative and mission focussed, as well as highly ambitious.
They are looking for a highly organised individual, with a professional and friendly demeanour. You will be a bright and welcoming first point of contact for all visitors, guests and staff. You should be extremely organised and used to working at a fast pace. You are thorough and efficient when carrying out administrative tasks. You must be very attentive to detail and be able to think on your feet.
About the role
As a Front of House Team Assistant you’ll support with a variety of errands and help out wherever needed around the office. You’ll provide vital assistance to support the front-of-house and back-of-house functions. Your goal is to minimise distractions for the team and allow them to focus on their work and the overall mission. Ensuring an excellent employee and visitor experience is at the heart of everything you do, the role is fast-moving, stimulating and diverse, with plenty of variety. You should expect to work with a degree of ambiguity as they continually adapt to a growing and evolving business. It’s essential you are super organised, switched on and able to prioritise work that needs done that day. If someone needs something done, and doesn’t have time to do it themselves, you will be their go-to person. In this busy but rewarding role, you’ll own the Front of House guest experience. You will also play a key role in the wider facilities and operations team and your success with the company will depend on the connections you build and relationships you grow.
- Supporting welcoming all guests, visitors, contractors etc professionally with a warm manner.
- Be helpful and resolve queries, using effective listening, questioning and problem-solving skills
- Obtaining Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) from friends of staff/visitors and liaising with security guards on this.
- Overseeing and supporting all essential administrative processes, room bookings, catering requests
- Run errands and order stock to manage and maintain standards in reception.
- Assisting wider teams with other ad hoc tasks, such as support with hospitality bookings & team lunch bookings.
- Working closely with peers in the Admin team, the Ops and Facilities teams, Security and the wider company, to ensure a smooth running office.
- Helping look after an inbox of queries.
- Excellent attention to detail and accurate data entry,
- Effective teamwork, ensuring a flow of information and multi-skilling as necessary to provide cover across the team.
- You’ve got bags of energy and a keen interest to grow your career in supporting and enabling others. You have a can-do attitude and a thirst for learning.
- A confident, friendly first point of contact for each person that walks through the door - staff and visitors.
- A ‘people person’ with the desire to go the extra mile for others, no task is too big or too small
- Proactive and see what needs to be done with the ability to prioritise well, and be flexible where needed.
- You use your initiative and offer well thought through solutions. You know when to seek guidance, and have the confidence to make decisions when needed
- Someone who is highly organised and thorough, with strong attention to detail.
- A natural problem solver with a solutions based attitude.
- Someone who thrives in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills with plenty of common sense and the ability to write clear, informative, customer-focused messages.
- Some experience of delivering excellent customer service in a busy organisation
- The ability to deal tactfully, calmly and effectively with a wide range of people
- You instinctively act with absolute discretion and diplomacy, and apply sound judgement in responding to circumstances