Our client in the media sector has a new requirement for a Financial Reporting Manager UK to join its Central Operations Team. This role will be full time, permanent, hybrid, based in central London and will include managing 1 member of staff. The Financial Reporting Manager will be responsible for the financial reporting of the UK part of the business including managing the timely and accurate preparation of the UK statutory accounts under FRS102 & quarterly group reporting under IFRS. Ensuring that the business maintains a strong internal control framework and meets all requirements of internal and external audit. The successful candidate may be a Professionally Qualified Chartered Accountant with strong technical background including exposure to Statutory Reporting, Auditing Techniques, SOX, Internal Controls and Tax.
Duties may include ( but not limited to ) :
- Ensuring all legal and statutory requirements are fully complied with including preparation and filing of the Group’s statutory accounts & National Statistics.
- Responsibility for coordinating the interim and annual statutory audits between the auditors and internal staff.
- Driving forward efficiency and improvements to processes for the group audit.
- Local tax management and working closely with Group Tax team.
- Adherence to Group’s Corporate Governance and Internal Control requirements.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of financial and accounting procedures and regulations to ensure they are applied correctly and consistently.
- Promote a strong control environment by developing and improving existing financial controls. Driving best practice and embedding a culture of Compliance
- Build framework for development, implementation and continuous improvement of financial processes and working practices.
- Broad knowledge of Financial Accounting Systems such as SAP, K-Trinity and HFM (Smart View)
- Ad hoc projects including acquisitions and disposals.
Apply today !