Job descriptionFinancial Control
Length: 6 months
Rate: £411-448 per day
Hours: 9am – 6pm
Establish, embed, and continuously improve the assigned FC Process(es) within our clients'. Identify opportunities to continue to simplify and standardise the assigned FC process within our clients' via regular engagement with the market contacts. Define and maintain Global Process Framework(s) and related documentation re the assigned FC Process(es). Act as FC Process subject matter expert in BAU issues and projects.
1. Support the FC GPO & Controls Lead in defining, establishing and embedding global FC Process(es), ensuring connections to other financial processes, adherence to process and timelines. Build mechanisms for KPI reporting, exception management and escalations
2. Be a specialist in Financial controls and compliance i.e. SoX reporting
3. Understanding of the technology in place to support the FC process(es), manage enhancements and system updates
4. Support the Service Delivery teams as subject matter expert regarding FC process related issues/questions
5. Identify and drive process improvement opportunities to optimise, simplify and automate the process while also delivering a robust control agenda.
6. Define, maintain, and communicate Global Process Framework(s), Process Flow Charts and related documentation re the assigned FC Process(es). Coordinate the globally standard FC activities.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Understanding of financial processes, with particular focus on financial controlling and P&L reporting
- Have a strong understanding of Financial reporting controls and SoX legislation
- Good organisation skills with an attention to detail
- Able to present/communicate data in a simple factual way for users at all levels in the organisation
- Attitude to learning new systems
Barriers to Success in Role:
- Inability to build relationships remotely
- Unwilling to challenge the way of working to support the drive towards simplification and reducing time spent
Interested? Please apply today!