Job descriptionFibre Delivery Engineer
Length: 12 Months
Rate: £55.00 - £61.00 per hour (40 hours p/w)
Our client looking for a Fibre Delivery Engineer to drive key milestones for critical backbone infrastructure.
You will work closely with internal teams and external partners to set technical requirements and to ensure those are delivered during the execution of the program.
You will have regular meetings with partners, review progress and the performance of the delivery and accept the deliverables if they meet the required criteria.
A Fibre Delivery Engineer is expected to have a very good understanding of the life cycle of fibre deployment, including planning, delivery, and performance.
- Build and Manage partner relationships to ensure transparency with project management and information flow
- Manage fibre acceptance for performance characteristics,
- Drive metric driven quarterly business vendor reviews
- Report on key metrics for Infrastructure products: On-time performance, Vendor performance, Financial monthly and yearly activated services
- Collaborate with Network Investment Managers and ensure key technical requirements are included in the contracts
- Collaborate across cross-functional teams to synchronize fibre deployment schedule with and fibre acceptance
- Work with data located in different systems, correlate data and build datasets to be used across different tools/systems
- 5+ years’ experience in network deployment fibre infrastructure projects
- Experience in terrestrial fibre network design and technology, preferably in long haul networks
- Certification or a proven track record in project management techniques and tools (e.g. PMP)
- Very good understanding of fibre specs, interpretation of OTDR traces, and fibre handover packages
- Experience with engaging vendors on aspects of network design, planning and construction, particularly in the EMEA market
- Vendor management experience
- Experience in relationship building and collaboration within a cross-functional team
- Handle data with different tools to be able to create correlations and be able to clean data sources