Job descriptioneCommerce Business Analyst – Music
This well-known global music brand is looking for a eCommerce Business Analyst. This is a newly created role that will be pivotal in using data to shape the client’s future facing eCommerce strategy and to work within an exciting and rapidly growing retail channel.
To provide commercial, customer and eCommerce purchase funnel analysis for the eCommerce team and wider label teams. The role requires the delivery of projects, both solo and team based, covering multiple stakeholders and areas of the business. The candidate will also provide delivers trend and performance analysis across the eCommerce market.
- Deliver established market, eCommerce channel and customer analysis. This can cover all aspects of the business from the conversion metrics with the purchase funnel, from demographic trends to wider revenue tracking
- Design and in time work with others to automate daily/weekly/monthly reporting for the eCommerce business Query data using SQL
- Keep abreast of new eCommerce trends and wider technological, Business Partner and industry developments with a view to how they impact the analysis undertaken by then team
- Deliver ad-hoc project work on our channel for the MD of eCommerce & strategy and broader strategic questions
- Support the UK labels with any analysis requirements and provide pre and post campaign wrap-ups
- Work with the other members of the team, or other departments in the Commercial Division, to support the analytical needs of the business.
- Prepare and give internal presentations
What you need for the role:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (a commercial subject at degree level is advantageous)
- Highly numerate and results orientated with a clear focus on high quality, attention to detail, and profit maximisation
- Excellent IT skills; high proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must
- Strong SQL skills
- Knowledge of Google Big Query is desirable
- Proactive and a keen problem solver
- Proven ability to make rational judgements from the available information, by demonstrating an inquisitive and analytical approach
- Experience of working for an eCommerce brand desirable
- A strong understanding of key metrics or inputs that measure success across the business, from eCommerce purchase funnel to customer service success metrics
- Diligent and reliable, capable of managing and delivering on multiple projects simultaneously and to a high standard, both autonomously and as part of a team
- Able to work on their own as well as part of a team and with management at all levels of the business
- Very familiar with current issues and trends; stays ahead of the game and can produce innovative ideas, approaches, insights and identify opportunities by applying business and industry knowledge
- Technically confident; ideally with a personal interest in new media, digital and all technology; understands key terminology and communicates effectively with experts and novices alike
- Confident in presenting to both small and large groups
- A passion for music and interest in the music industry and wider commercial trends within it a must
If you haven't heard from us within 7 days, I am afraid you haven't been successful this time. Please do keep an eye on our website careermovesgroup.co.uk for further opportunities.