Job descriptioneCommerce Manager - Music
Our well known music client is looking for a eCommerce Manager to work with their frontline labels on all eCommerce activities and manage growing their direct-to-consumer retail brands. The candidate will work with the label to deliver, project manage and oversee store builds and launches and above all deliver a focused, profitable, and innovative e-Commerce strategy for their artist and label store all in line with eCommerce best practice.
- Overseeing the e-commerce strategy for a wide range of campaigns.
- Formulate & execute D2C product strategies to drive conversions whilst also delivering the best possible customer experience at all times.
- Project manage e-Commerce store builds on the e-Comm platform.
- Day to day operations management of the stores ensuring products are set up, listed, images sourced, prices correct, and products are kept in stock to maximise sales potential.
- Merchandising of artist store pages and departments in line with analytics and data to optimise conversion.
- Work with UK e-Commerce Operations team to ensure products are kept in stock to maximise sales potential throughout product life.
- Work closely with label commercial teams to identify new product ranges to monetise the assets of artist/Label/RO across all labels for new retail brand.
- Manage the web store release schedule with the Label/RO contact.
- Manage the product and launch schedule for the retail brand and work with the customer service team to proactively manage any issues.
- Work with the Label/RO in delivering sales, stock, and profitability reporting.
- Work with the central e-CRM team and Label/RO Commercial and Marketing departments/contacts to ensure that e-Commerce initiatives are integrated into all marketing/CRM activities.
- Manage relationships with our key partners in the e-Commerce space, notably the Labels, brand owners, tech team and finance teams, warehouse team, procurement and merchandise companies and suppliers.
- Reporting of sales trends and store activity to Label/RO contacts and Director of E-commerce.
- Develop merchandise calendars for artists where required.
- Be abreast of developments in the e-Commerce area, particularly with regard to other artist store offerings, but in addition, good retailing practice outside of the music industry.
- Analyse store conversion date and analytics to drive better data led decisions in the d2c & eCommerce space
What you need for the role:
- Commercial & analytical approach to business, adept at working and achieving store revenue targets.
- Shopify / store CMS experience is essential
- Strong understanding of core eComm best practice focused on achieving time delivery to the fan.
- Comprehensive understanding of digital and commercial opportunities.
- Demonstrable eComm management experience, including eComm CMS / admin area to run eComm store fronts.
- Strong eComm retail background, adept at music new release product campaigns and evergreen merchandising of artist webstores.
- Ability to liaise with third parties, initiate and fulfil initiatives in a proactive manner.
- Understanding of the CRM to drive e-Comm sales.
- Basic HTML skills to set up store front end experiences.
- Strong communication co-ordination skills, with the ability to management multiple workstreams, often across multiple timezones.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and or other major analytics platforms
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to multitask & prioritise and project manage multiple stores and campaigns.
- Good presentation skills.
- Flexibility to work hours above the normal working hours if needed.
- Microsoft Excel, powerpoint & Photoshop skills.
- Excellent understanding of consumer online experience on various e-commerce platforms
- Knowledge of Hip-Hop artist genre and associated lifestyle brands in this space. (Desirable)
- Ability to work with HTML5 & CSS, working knowledge of SEO best practice. (Desirable)
- Experience of ticketing and live music structure (Desirable)
- Passion for music.
If you haven't heard from us within 7 days, I am afraid you haven't been successful this time. Please do keep an eye on our website careermovesgroup.co.uk for further opportunities.