Job descriptionJob Title: Digital Technician - Media
Full time /Perm
Location: London hybrid working
Are you a Digital Technician looking for a new challenge, if so this could be the role for you…
Our media service client is looking for a Digital Technician to join their team. The role will involve working with industry-standard kit processing jobs, which will include mastering, encoding, transcoding, manipulating files conforming to client specifications along with simple confirming and asset re-versioning.
The ideal candidate should have experience handling and manipulating metadata in XML and Excel formats to meet client needs. Any editing experience would be advantageous.
Key responsibilities to include:
- Conforming content adhering to platform specifications – Amazon Global/Classic, iTunes, Netflix etc.
- Edit/prep material confirming to broadcast guidelines.
- Video and audio pre-qualifications, media prep, QCs, and deliverables.
- Abide by security policies and protect information assets entrusted to you.
- Must have an understanding of subtitling specifications and formats, audio samples, rates, video frame rates, SMPTE timecode, and traditional multichannel audio configurations (2.0, 5.1, 7.1) is necessary.
- Understanding of video compression and the various codecs used by broadcasters and VOD platforms.
- Hands-on experience with digital media workflows is required.
- Good communication skills and have the ability to prioritise your workload
- Problem solver with a creative and innovative approach with the ability to think outside the box
- Good attention to detail and the ability to plan complex projects with urgency.
- Experience/knowledge of platforms (Amazon Global, Classic, iTunes, Netflix)
- Mac Captions and Annotation Edit experience would be advantageous.
- Editor experience - desired
- A good understanding of 4K (UHD), HDR, and IMF experience would be beneficial.
If you haven't heard from us within 7 days, I am afraid you haven't been successful this time. Please do keep an eye on our website careermovesgroup.co.uk for further opportunities.