Job descriptionDigital Research Manager - TV
Comp salary & bens
Central London but WFH currently
This sought after boradcasting brand are looking for 5+ years' work experience in a non-linear digital media / video environment, with proven involvement in both long and short form content, experience of the DTC and B2B business models, a good working knowledge of industry standard tools that measure digital and VOD consumption (Google Analytics, Firebase, YouBora), and someone who is a strong team player who can work independently with minimal supervision.
Your duties will be wide and varied. My client is looking for someone who can take their non-linear products to the next level and help grow this exciting area of the business through the analysis and interpretation of data from a variety of sources. They need someone who can support and guide the digital propositions getting their content and brands in front of viewers wherever and whenever they want to watch.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Regularly monitor and track non-linear products, including VOD, SVOD, AVOD and any other platforms
- Use multiple data sources to analyse, interpret and make clear and concise recommendations to the business on growth opportunities
- Have a keen understanding of how their VOD products work in conjunction with the brands linear channels to inform the business on total content consumption to maximise audiences across all platforms
- Work closely with and support key internal stakeholders to identify and progress business opportunities across platforms and markets
- Manage a wide range of analysis requests (e.g. platform, channel and content performance, audience profile, competitor analysis, market trends) and also be proactive in finding relevant insights to present to key stakeholders
- Commission ad hoc quantitative and qualitative projects as and when required – manage these projects end to end, delivering on time and on budget
- Preparation of materials for Board meetings, Platform (re)negotiations, Monthly management meetings and partner visits.
To be considered you must have:
- 5+ years' work experience in a non-linear digital media / video environment, with proven involvement in both long and short form content
- Demonstrable experience in optimizing campaigns for streaming services driving sign-ups (acquisition), usage and customer satisfaction (retention), both for direct-to-consumer and B2B (e.g. Prime Video Channels and Amazon Advertising)
- Experience of DTC and B2B business models
- Advanced user of Excel & Powerpoint a must, with programmes such as Power BI, R, VBA, Tableau and/or SQL an advantage
- Experience of setting and tracking digital KPIs
- Good working knowledge of industry standard tools that measure digital and VOD consumption, such as Google Analytics, Firebase, YouBora.
- Ability to write clear, informative reports, with proven presentation skills for a variety of audiences
- Experience managing multiple projects for multiple stakeholders, with the ability to prioritise and manage expectations across the organisation
- You should be an enthusiastic, strategic, and analytical thinker with a background in research and digital analytics, possessing an appreciation for the business of TV and entertainment, a curiosity for the world-at-large, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, agile environment