Job descriptionDigital Account Director – Media
London | Hybrid
Our media client has a strong team of digital experts who word across their client’s entire marketing eco-system to drive better returns and outcomes. They look beyond the boundaries of traditional media to uncover new ideas and unlock growth. With their award winning digital and technology capabilities, their inclusive planning approach focuses on putting diverse voices and diverse audiences central to their client’s campaign planning.
This is a huge opportunity for you, a performance-minded, Programmatic & Social specialist, as you will be managing some of the trading activity for one of biggest clients in the UK.
If you already have an excellent knowledge of the UK digital landscape and have at least 3 years’ experience in planning / buying digital media across both DR and Brand, although the role will be focused predominantly on performance, then read on.
As a Digital Account Director, you will be responsible for the operational delivery of the team’s output (campaign management, optimisation, reporting, brief responses, and testing frameworks etc.), for leading platform adoption & upskilling within the team across Programmatic and Paid Social, for the consultation of our clients in-house programmatic strategy, and ultimately overseeing the end-to-end account management of client business.
What’s expected from you:
In three months, you would have:
- Championed existing and pioneered new processes to ensure output and project management across products is executed efficiently and consistently
- Built strong relationships with your team, nurturing their growth and development, reviewing and re-setting KPIs as required
- Become the trusted contact for senior stakeholders at the account which you will be handling, and have built rapport through regular face time with man marked contacts
- Delivered brilliant work to the client - building innovation into our client’s plans, whether this is through smart tech, data, creative or audience insight
- Evolved our client’s performance reporting and insights function to empower their team to find, highlight and act upon programmatic and social insights on an ongoing basis.
- Consistently delivered brilliant work to the client and contributed to shifting (increasing) the client satisfaction scores across key clients you work with
- Delivered improvements in ways of planning/ buying by proactively identifying opportunities, measurement frameworks and new to market ideas
- Elevated the team to be the best digital specialists that they can be, and built a strong morale in the team that delivers regular exceptional work for the client.
- The ability to delegate to more junior members of the team
- Working with your Senior Associate Director to develop and progress those that you line manage
- Quality control of output from the team
- Lead the team in pulling together PCAs and QBRs and strategic work
- Develop strong relationships with clients. Be their go to person for anything digital
- Ensure an understanding of the client’s business and competitor landscape
- Response to brief presentations and strategic tissue and implementation sessions
- Work on proposals based on media owner ideas/solutions
- Re-working proposals based on client or planner feedback/tweaks to brief
- Maintain strong relationships with media owners
- 3+ years’ experience working in a media agency, within a Paid Social/ Display function
- Understanding of digital principles, paid social, partnerships, mobile, data and analytics
- Strategic mindset and be confident to build strategic responses from scratch
- Strong knowledge of the programmatic and paid social landscape as it relates to various channels including display, video and experiential
- Strong knowledge of, and experience in multiple technology platforms: DSPs/Social Ads Managers, verification tools, viewability, analytics, attribution modelling and ad serving
- Proven competency in data analysis, trafficking and Microsoft Excel