Back to job search
£37 - £40 per hour
219 758 4300
25 days ago
- Constructs predictive models, algorithms and probability engines to support data analysis or product functions
- verifies model and algorithm effectiveness based on real-world results.
- Designs experiments and methodologies to generate and collect data for business use. Projects may include a focus on “quantitative finance” or help identify new business opportunities.
- Uses advanced mathematical and statistical concepts and theories to analyze and collect data and construct solutions to business problems.
- Performs complex statistical analysis on experimental or business data to validate and quantify trends or patterns identified by business analysts.
- BSC degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Operations Research, Bioinformatics, Economics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering) or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of relevant work experience (e.g., as a data scientist), including experience applying advanced analytics to business problems
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with Python or R, as well as big data systems such as Hive
- Understanding of key user life cycle concepts (acquisition, engagement, retention, monetisation) and experience with funnel analysis and A/B tests.
- Excellent problem-framing, problem-solving and project management skills.
- Experience framing and articulating important product questions, selecting the right statistical tools and visualisations to obtain answers from data, translating them into business recommendations
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, powerpoint presentations.
- Experience working with cross functional teams: product managers, engineers, researchers, marketers.