Job descriptionData Science Lead –
Up to 100,000k dep on experience
Our client is looking for a Data Science Lead to join their team, to maximize the impact of data science on their business goals. As the fastest-growing retailer in the fastest growing channel, our client has the combination of the richest possible data and a nimble organisation structure. This creates the perfect environment for exciting analytical problems to solve, combined with the satisfaction of seeing rapid execution at scale. The role comes with a high level of autonomy in how you approach specific problems, and how to seek out innovative solutions. This will require the ability to understand the art of the possible with analytical methodologies along with the commercial impact of successful implementation
· Lead a newly formed central data science team and to develop and grow the capability.
· Help enhance the skills and analytical approaches of the broader analytical community.
· To work on projects that touch all areas of the business (marketing, commercial, buying, supply chain) elevating the level of sophistication of analytics and modelling.
· To prioritise, plan and manage a portfolio of projects through to a successful outcome.
· To understand the needs of the business and how data science can be used to meet them.
· To manage relationships and expectations of senior stakeholders and business sponsors.
· To apply best in class Machine Learning techniques to elevate the clients analytical capabilities to be more predictive and prescriptive.
What you need for the role:
· A strong academic record including a postgraduate degree in mathematics, statistics, or the sciences from a top-ranked university.
· Experience conducting analysis on large data sets and providing rigorous interpretations of the results.
· A deep understanding of the art of the possible when using Python and SQL programming languages.
· The ability to model complex problems mathematically and/or computationally, and appropriately apply results obtained using those models.
· A solid understanding of key statistical concepts.
· Use of Machine learning to build models and solve complex problems.
· Successfully conducted research of significant scope – an M.Phil. or Ph.D. will be
· looked on favorably (desirable).
· Demonstrated advanced computer programming ability including fluency in two or more of Python, Java (or equivalent), and SQL. (desirable).
· Cluster computing data processing frameworks (e.g. Spark) (desirable).
· Common machine learning toolkits (e.g. scikit-learn) (desirable).
· Deep learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, Theano, Torch) (desirable.)
If you haven't heard from us within 7 days, I am afraid you haven't been successful this time. Please do keep an eye on our website careermovesgroup.co.uk for further opportunities.