Job descriptionData Management Analyst
Length: 6 Months
Rate: £14.00 - £17.00 per hour
Hours: 9am – 6pm
The role sits within the BTI team of the DSBO organization. The BTI team drives productivity through digital-first solutions that facilitate its end users, in the sales team, with the data & tools required to create a competitive edge.
The BTI team services its customers via various analytics platforms, including Tableau and Anaplan. These tools are used to run several key business processes, such as forecasting, planning and performance reporting.
The team is also responsible for leading transformational analytics projects that are helping to enhance systems, tools and ways of working within the organization.
- The role will provide cross-platform analytics support to business users in EMEA. The candidate will have a good understanding of Tableau, SQL and Excel and be able to assist stakeholders that are using these platforms. The team member will also be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues that occur across the platforms, to ensure a high quality of service is delivered to end users.
- The team member will build new dashboards in Tableau, in order to automate existing reporting processes. These new dashboards will drive efficiencies by reducing the amount of manual, time-consuming analysis that members of the sales team are conducting offline. The team member will also develop dashboards focused on new areas of reporting, that provide stakeholders with actionable insights that enable enhanced decision-making.
- Additionally, the role will help the EMEA Sales Ops teams to make their existing forecasting process more efficient and automated, through system automation and process improvements.
- Building Tableau dashboards that provide stakeholders with insights into business performance
- Supporting with various elements of the Tableau release process, including; following developer best practice guidance, performing UAT testing and creating release communications
- Connecting to different types of data sources in Tableau in order to create reporting and analysis
- Using analytical skills to assist sales teams with general day-day forecasting activities, such as; automating steps in the process, running forecast validation checks and assisting with other ad-hoc forecasting and planning tasks
- Using strong technical competencies and communication skills to provide stakeholders with ad-hoc reporting and system support
- 3+ years’ experience using Excel, including use of pivot tables and complex functions
- 2-3 years’ experience using Tableau Desktop - good understanding of data visualization best practices and complex calculations, such as table calculations and level of detail calculations
- 1+ years of experience using Tableau Server
- 2+ years’ experience writing SQL code
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Anaplan knowledge
- Tableau Desktop Certified