Job descriptionData Engineer
Length: 6 months
Rate: £57-62 p/h
Do you like working with big data? Do you want to use data to influence product decisions for products being used by over half a billion people every day?
If yes, we want to talk to you. Our data warehouse team works very closely with Product Managers, Product Analysts, and Internet Marketers to figure out ways to acquire new users, retain existing users and optimize user experience - all of this using massive amounts of data.
In this role, you will see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. In this role, you will work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, and you'll get an opportunity to solve some of the most challenging business problems on the web and mobile Internet, at a scale that few companies can match.
- Manage data warehouse plans for a product or a group of products.
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership.
- Design, build and launch new data models in production.
- Design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production.
- Support existing processes running in production.
- Define and manage SLA for all data sets in allocated areas of ownership.
- Work with data infrastructure to triage infra issues and drive to resolution.
- 3+ years’ experience in the data warehouse space.
- 3+ years’ experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- 3+ years’ experience with programming languages (Python or Java), Python preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in writing efficient SQL statements.
- Experience working with either a Map Reduce or an MPP system.
- Hands on and deep experience with schema design and dimensional data modelling.
- Ability to analyse data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights.
- Ability and interest in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients.
Interested? Please apply now!