Job descriptionData & Insight Analyst
Location – London
The purpose of this role is to provide both data analytics and insight capability across our sports clients organisation.
- Providing data analytics expertise across a number of platforms including SAS and Club Hub (the clients club and membership management system) as required.
- Identifying, analysing, interpreting and reporting on new trends or patterns in complex data sets, such as our membership data.
- Acquiring data from our proprietary SQL databases and other data sources/ databases.
- Maintaining data management standards.
- Developing and implementing new data analyses and proactively identifying new data collection process improvements.
- Preparing accessible visualisations and insightful reports for dissemination at all levels (including The Board and Directors).
- Assessing, understanding and supporting data management and analysis requirements across the organisation, working across the community, membership, commercial, communications and performance directorates.
- Measuring and evaluating the individual and social impact of our programmes.
- Proven working experience as a data/insight analyst or similar role.
- Sports sector experience.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, data mining and database expertise.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (eg Excel, R, Tableau, Power BI, SQL Reporting, SAS EG etc).
- Experience with data manipulation and visualisation suites such as Power BI, SAS VA, and Tableau.
- Qualified to Degree level. 2
- Excellent written and spoken command of the English language.
- Proven report writing and demonstration of generating insight from data.
- Previous experience generating and analysing survey responses with a focus on quantitative analysis.
- Experience working with Google Analytics and other digital marketing reporting tools.
- Degree to be in Research, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics.