£46.63 - £51.44 per hour
219 758 4300
29 days ago
Duration: 11 months
Rate: 46.63 - 51.44 per hour
Hours: 9am - 6pm
The Data Analyst is responsible for performing and overseeing all data analytics and GIS aspects of our large, complex, multi-stakeholder projects. This includes everything from building data pipelines for large, disparate data sets and performing spatial queries and mapping visualizations to providing business case inputs and interfacing with external partners to help create and execute our long-term strategy. You need to be comfortable in a highly ambiguous start-up environment where you will need to juggle multiple balls and change direction frequently.
- Build data pipelines for internal and external data sets, perform ETL and data hygiene, and merge with existing data environments to curate and enhance data insights.
- Perform spatial queries and mapping visualizations to effectively communicate data insights to a wide-ranging audience.
- Collect and analyze project data and provide guidance based on what the data tells you.
- Build automated reports and dashboards based on internal and external data sources.
- Work closely with external network operator partners and internal Facebook teams to analyze data and provide inputs to business models.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan, define, and execute on connectivity goals across a portfolio of projects and activities including market research, data analysis, network planning, product development, pilots, and network deployments.
- Team with partners and regional, program, and project managers to ensure projects are delivered and connectivity goals are realized against aggressive timelines.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in a data analytics or data science role performing complex data management, GIS, visualization, and reporting functions.
- Direct experience using standard analytical tools, such as SQL, Python, R, databases, Excel.
- Direct experience using data visualization tools, such as R, Python, Tableau.
- Direct experience performing spatial queries and using GIS tools, such as ArcGIS, MapInfo, QGIS, SQL Server, Oracle Spatial.
- Direct experience building data pipelines, performing ETL and merging data with existing data environments.
- Direct experience interfacing with multiple internal and external stakeholders simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10%. International travel may be required.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in the telecom industry with an understanding of wireless network architectures, data session flows, etc.
- Experience working for a Mobile Network Operator, Regulator, Vendor or other ecosystem company.