Job descriptionData Analyst
Length: 6 Months
Rate: £58.00 - £63.00 per hour (40 hours p/w)
The main function of the Data Analyst is to produce innovative solutions driven by exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets.
• Apply knowledge of statistics, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and product improvement.
• Use a flexible, analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data.
• Generate and test hypotheses and analyze and interpret the results of product experiments.
• Work with product engineers to translate prototypes into new products, services, and features and provide guidelines for large-scale implementation.
• Provide Business Intelligence (BI) and data visualization support, which includes, but limited to support for the online customer service dashboards and other ad-hoc requests requiring data analysis and visual support.
• Experienced in either programming languages such as Python and/or R, big data tools such as Hadoop, or data visualization tools such as Tableau.
• The ability to communicate effectively in writing, including conveying complex information and promoting in-depth engagement on course topics.
• Experience working with large datasets.
• Master of Science degree in computer science or in a relevant field.