Job descriptionData Analyst
Length: 6 months
Rate: £31-33 p/h
The technical investigations team in our clients' business Integrity org is focused on understanding how fraud and abuse is perpetrated on our clients' business products. Our mission is to protect people and businesses who use our clients' products by disrupting and preventing abusive networks and behaviours. As a team, we focus on new problem identification, early stage investigation and risk understanding, and mitigation and disruption of sophisticated bad actors and behaviours. We work closely with our partners in Engineering, Data Science, and Product to qualitatively and quantitatively understand risks and develop mitigations against them. We focus on solving problems that include business account takeovers, brand impersonation scams, techniques for scaling harm, and recidivism and circumvention.
We are a technical team looking for candidates who can use a diverse toolkit of data analysis, scripting, internal and open-source tools, and the ability to perform deep investigative work to help mitigate the top harm threats in our business products today. The impact of your work will be substantial, as outcomes affect the billions of people who use our products.
- Lead the understanding of abuse in business products, including product vulnerabilities and process gaps, through data analysis and deep investigation.
- Play a central role in mitigating abuse on our clients' business products. Work cross-functionally with engineering, product, and operations teams to inform strategic investment and develop solutions to mitigate and prevent future abuse at scale.
- Analyse large datasets to identify meaningful signals and patterns that correlate with fraud and abuse. Develop and maintain data pipelines and detection rules that help measure and catch abuse.
- Reverse-engineer scaled attacks and perform tactical mitigation of ongoing abuse against our clients' business products through rapid prototyping of investigations workflows and enforcement rules.
- Investigate networks of malicious actors for on- and off-platform disruption.
- There might be instances that require meetings and/or work outside of prescribed hours to account for collaboration with global teams in different time zones
- 2+ years of experience performing open-ended analysis and developing practical business insights and recommendations
- 1+ year of experience performing data analysis and building data pipelines, queries and reports with SQL or other languages/tools without dedicated data science support
- Demonstrated experience working with Python, PHP, R, or similar scripting languages for ad-hoc analytical tasks
- Ability to own projects independently, navigate complex problem areas and cross-functional teams with little supervision
- BS/MS or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Intelligence Studies, Cybersecurity, Mathematics, Statistics
- Experience working in online fraud investigations, trust and safety, or cybersecurity
- Experience mitigating time-sensitive escalations
- Ability to work with a team spanning multiple locations/time zones
- Ability to think like the adversary, and to anticipate threat actors’ moves
Interested? Please apply today!