Job descriptionCredit Executive/Credit Controller
Location: Belfast, BT1 6FB (Remote working )
Length: 2 months
Rate: £11.76- £12.90 Per Hour
Hours: 9am – 6pm
• This role sits within the Sell to Cash (STC) team, reporting through to the STC Ireland manager.
• The Credit team, based in Belfast, strive to provide world class credit and debt management. They are a key part in trading relationship with its customers, supporting both the On and Take Home trade in ROI and NI.
• Annual trade debtors of £625m across the team.
• 9,000 customer broad portfolio.
• Responsibility for a defined number of customers, which have a range of credit limits and payment terms.
Win through execution
• Act like owners by holding self and others to account for highest standards
• Scan the environment constantly and adapt plans with pace
Inspire through purpose
• Create meaning, pride and belief for others through purpose
• Encourage and recognise learning
• Build trust and respect through open and honest relationships
Shape the future
• Set context and empower people to experiment and unlock opportunities for growth and efficiency
• Drive data and insights that quickly move us to action
• Pro-active debt management to maximise cash conversion.
• Actively minimise risk using external financial tools and rigorous review.
• Develop collaborative relationships with commercial teams
• Deliver against agreed credit KPIs which underpin the strategy
• Ensure the accuracy and completeness of customer master data used to support debt management, accurate financial reporting and any necessary recovery processes.
• Compliance with all legislative and policy requirements, including CARM, Credit and AML
• Own end to end account management of customers in line with the credit policy, including
? Decide and set credit terms, risk categorisation and credit limits for each customer
? Regularly review data integrity and payment performance
• Responsible for minimising the risk of debt by:
? Prompt follow up of failed or missed payments
? Apply course corrective action when needed
? Create and pro-active manage risk based watch lists
? Correspond with customers with overdue debt, rapid follow up to ensure maximum monies recovered, including repayment plans, or referral to recovery department
• Timely response regarding queries received from commercial and customers
• Weekly and monthly reporting against key performance targets – overdue debt, underlying debt, cash to terms and on time cash collection
• Other key deliverables as required by the business within Credit.
Qualifications and Experience Required
• 5 GCSE grade A-C including Maths and English minimum
• A post leaving qualification in a business related or credit discipline would be advantageous.
• At least 1 year Credit Control experience
• Proven ability to deliver consistent quality results in a target driven fast paced environment.
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong systems capability, preferably SAP
• Microsoft Office experience would be advantageous
• Ability to influence stakeholders cross functionally in a customer and commercial facing role would be desirable
If this is the role for you, apply now!