Job descriptionCredit Executive
Length: 6 Months
Rate: £10.00 - £13.00 per hour
Hours: 9am – 6pm
- This role sits within the Sell to Cash (STC) team, reporting through to the STC Ireland manager.
- The Credit team, based in Belfast, strive to provide world class credit and debt management. They are a key part in within the company’s trading relationship with its customers, supporting both the On and Take Home trade in ROI and NI.
- Annual trade debtors of £625m across the team.
- 9,000 customer broad portfolio.
- Responsibility for a defined number of customers, which have a range of credit limits and payment terms.
Win through execution
- Act like owners of the company by holding self and others to account for highest standards
- Scan the environment constantly and adapt plans with pace
- Inspire through purpose
- Create meaning, pride and belief for others through the company’s purpose
- Encourage and recognise learning
- Build trust and respect through open and honest relationships
- Shape the future
- Set context and empower people to experiment and unlock opportunities for growth and efficiency
- Drive data and insights that quickly move us to action
- Pro-active debt management to maximise cash conversion.
- Actively minimise risk using external financial tools and rigorous review.
- Develop collaborative relationships with commercial teams
- Deliver against agreed credit KPIs which underpin the strategy
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of customer master data used to support debt management, accurate financial reporting and any necessary recovery processes.
- Compliance with all legislative and policy requirements, including CARM, Credit and AML
- Own end to end account management of customers in line with the credit policy, including
- Decide and set credit terms, risk categorisation and credit limits for each customer
- Regularly review data integrity and payment performance
- Responsible for minimising the risk of debt by:
- Prompt follow up of failed or missed payments
- Apply course corrective action when needed
- Create and pro-active manage risk based watch lists
- Correspond with customers with overdue debt, rapid follow up to ensure maximum monies recovered, including repayment plans, or referral to recovery department
- Timely response regarding queries received from commercial and customers
- Weekly and monthly reporting against key performance targets – overdue debt, underlying debt, cash to terms and on time cash collection
- Other key deliverables as required by the business within Credit.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- 5 GCSE grade A-C including Maths and English minimum
- A post leaving qualification in a business related or credit discipline would be advantageous.
- At least 1 year Credit Control experience
- Proven ability to deliver consistent quality results in a target driven fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong systems capability, preferably SAP
- Microsoft Office experience would be advantageous
- Ability to influence stakeholders cross functionally in a customer and commercial facing role would be desirable