Job descriptionCreative Director - Publishing
My client is a high profile publishing brand that are revolutionising the world of publishing with their incredibly successful pioneering products. They are looking for an experienced Creative Director with a strong background in art direction, conceptual thinking, brand management and people management. You’ll be primarily dreaming up innovative, inspiring marketing campaigns to run across their website, email, Facebook advertising, print, TV and social media. These campaigns will promote my clients brand, and launch books to an international audience.
This brand create their own brilliant marketing campaigns, and create all of their own, absolutely stunning marketing assets. They have an in-house photo studio, and manage marketing campaigns from initial concept, all the way through to final asset delivery. It’s a vibrant, ambitious and autonomous creative department, where beautiful work is constantly being made to very high production standards.
You’ll be managing a small team alongside managing the department’s budget and P&L, take responsibility for maintaining the department’s creative standards, and push forward creative innovation and inspiration.
You will work closely with the commercial team, taking briefs and participating in strategic conversations about the direction of the brand and will report into the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Overseeing the department’s daily workflow, assigning project workload, and monitoring deadlines and budgets
- Hiring, developing and managing the creative team
- Managing and developing the strategic and visual development of the brand
- Directing concepting sessions and leading innovative thinking within the department
- Planning and overseeing photo shoots
- Working collaboratively with other key stakeholders in the business on cross-team projects
- Experience in managing creative teams and budgets
- Good conceptual and strategic thinking
- A background in art direction in either in-house or agency creative marketing departments
- Graphic design/illustration experience
- In depth knowledge of brand development and multi channel marketing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Desirable - experience in video advertising and production