Job descriptionContract Associate
Length: 6 Months
Rate: 16.00 - £20.00 per hour
Hours: 9am – 6pm
This 6-month temporary role would suit a driven, highly organised person with a self-starter approach. This is a wide-ranging opportunity to work within a dynamic and fast-paced team working within an exciting environment.
Managing team’s financial and legal processes
- Work with relevant teams to draft contracts and statements of work, and ensure these are approved and filed correctly
- Liaise with each supplier, and the internal payments team, to ensure accurate submission of invoices
- Execute the process for payment requests, securing approval, ensuring timely payments and confirming receipt
- Onboard and work closely with a range of suppliers, ensuring they are registered on their systems, and have an excellent experience of working with our client
- Respond quickly to questions from the team both internally and externally, effectively tracking and triaging information to relevant stakeholders where necessary.
- Process administrative tasks quickly and efficiently, working with teams across the organisation, and ensuring that a broad range of activity is coordinated effectively
- Proactively manage and monitor reports and analytics/metrics
- Support project planning, maintain up-to-date data, track issues, communicate progress and provide timely reports on achievements
- Support the facilitation of projects, participating in retrospectives, standups and planning meetings
- Provide clarity where ambiguity exists, ensure there is understanding on actions and next steps
- Play a leading role in scheduling team meetings, preparing agendas, agreeing actions and scheduling follow ups to ensure progress
- Identify opportunities to improve ways of working, tools or processes
- Passionate about DeepMind’s mission and the benefits this can bring to the world; and want to contribute to the company’s ambitious, long term goals
- Extremely organised; comfortable multitasking and working in fast paced, changeable and ambiguous environments.
- Strong attention to detail with a dedication to delivering quality work
- Willing to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in with anything, no task is too big or too small. Try new things and be experimental.
- Flexible and highly responsive to the needs of people and projects, finding satisfaction in enabling effective team collaboration and positive change.
- Self-aware with excellent communication skills and the ability to deal thoughtfully, calmly and effectively with a wide range of people
- Proactive problem-solver; you understand the importance of doing exceptional work and are motivated by achieving results and being part of a team
- Curious, you ask questions and are energised by learning new things and developing new skills.
ESSENTIALS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience and understanding of different types of project management practices and methodologies and how to use and adapt these accordingly
- Experience processing legal & finance agreements including using software/online systems for processing payments, invoices, and legal documents
- Experience working with vendors
- A Levels or equivalent qualification
- At least 3 years relevant work experience, where you can demonstrate how you have operated in a fast paced and changing environment
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.