£62000 - £78000 per annum
218 758 4300
19 days ago
3 months (20 hours p/w - flexible)
Location: Remote WFH
Length: 3 months & 20 hours p/w
Hourly Rate: £30-37p/h (20 hours p/w)
We are looking for a bilingual candidate (English & Arabic) with experience in the Broadcast and TV industries who can assist our client with a 3 month part time project to write policy for their funded shows within their digitl platform across MENA. You will ensure programming compliance with Standards & Practices, and the clients Community Standards.
The candidate will have a proven track record of standards and practices problem-solving in the TV industry, be a dependable collaborator, and have an understanding of both the media landscape and censorship process of their country including knowledge of the TV rating system and the digital content ecosystem.
- Policy Writing:
- Assist in developing regional Strandard & Practices Policy for mature content and cultural appropriateness covering strong language, sexual content, violence and regional sensitivities.
- Policy operations:
- Manage end to end policy creation in both Arabic and English.
- Execute daily communication with team leads to address policy and/or gray areas concerns. Including policy clarification support across internal & external teams
- Provide final review on rating appeals and escalated disagreement.
- Policy certification and testing:
- Develop and deliver certification exams and calibration tests for internal and external partners.
- Coordinate accuracy testing with vendors.
- Training & Knowledge base management:
- Maintain policy docs and build supporting materials for training for vendors.
- Deliver training for raters/human reviewers.
- 5+ years’ work experience in Standards & Practices, Production, or censorship related roles for TV or Digital platforms
- Proficient in speaking, reading and writing in Arabic and English languages
- Proven understanding of regional censorship practices for entertainment on TV and streaming services
- Knowledge and understanding of local customs and cultural characteristics
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify and resolve issues
- Negotiation skills with an ability to influence mutually agreeable outcomes
- Experience working with producers, cross-functional teams, colleagues and senior leadership
- Willingness to address content issues relating to foul or derogatory language, sexual situations, nudity, etc.
- Experience in both scripted and non-scripted programming
- Working knowledge of TV broadcast and basic cable Standards & Practices, and the Parental Ratings Guidelines
- Knowledge of the intellectual property and rights management landscape
- Juris Doctorate or other advanced degree in Public Policy, Tech Policy, Communications, or another related field
- 25 days holiday (pro rata) + paid bank holiday’s
- Fantastic offices and access to world class technologies
- When onsite - free use of cafeteria, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks
- Remote onboarding, company laptop and phone
- Opportunity to work with one of the Big 5 Tech companies
Please apply if you feel you have the required skills to do this job.