Job descriptionContent Licensing Coordinator – Global Music Brand
This well known global music brand is looking for a Content Licensing Coordinator to join the Content Sales team. To be responsible for managing and administering a number of Theatrical, TV and digital deals around the world under the supervision of the SVP Content Sales UK & International. To also input and track licenses on the internal database (Sales In Progress) and provide sales administration support to the Worldwide Content Sales Team.
Whist advantageous, previous experience is not essential, however the successful candidate must be able to demonstrate both their passion for music and TV and that they wish to develop their career within this field.
Responsibilities to include:
· General administrative support to Sales Team, including management of Sales Tally, Sales In Progress, reporting to SVP Content Sales UK & International
· Provide availability lists of content to sales team or directly to Theatrical, TV and Digital clients.
· Research rights and confirm eligibility of content for inclusion into TV deals.
· Input and track Digital and TV licenses using Sales In Progress database (or new systems as they become available), process deals internally and provide reporting to respective labels and artist management.
· Organisation of TV and Digital trade shows (MIPTV & MIPCOM) including working with design briefs, courier services, and travel arrangers.
· Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the B2B Website and creation and supply of screeners to clients worldwide.
· Regular reporting directly to labels within the company, rep owners and internal departments for all queries regarding programme status for Theatrical, Television and Digital. This will involve sourcing transmission dates through to ratings statistics to general summaries of territories.
· Assist in the Sales budgeting process/financial forecasts by media and territory
What you need for the role:
· Demonstrated computer literacy including word, excel etc. Plus knowledge of work-flow management platforms such as Monday.com is an advantage.
· Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
· Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and professionally with both internal and external clients/customers
· Team player willing to be flexible and responsive to the business/department needs
If you haven't heard from us within 7 days, I am afraid you haven't been successful this time. Please do keep an eye on our website careermovesgroup.co.uk for further opportunities.