Job descriptionCommunications Manager
Length: 6 months
Rate: £25-29 p/h
Hours: 9am – 6pm
Our client was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home and has since grown to 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals across over 220 countries and regions. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and one-of-a-kind activities that make it possible for guests to experience the world in a more authentic, connected way. The Communications team is responsible for telling our clients' story around the world. Whether it's speaking to media and bloggers, hosts and guests, industry commentators, thought leaders or the wider community, the Communications team is the voice of our client. We're a fast-growing, high-energy team with a passion for people, places and great stories. If you'd like to be part of one of the world's greatest Communications teams, come tell us your story.
This role is a key member of the multi-skilled communications team, helping to coordinate a busy press office and support our goals through media relations and will report to the Communications Lead for Northern Europe. The role will help to drive consumer and corporate public relations activities in Nordics, Netherlands and South Africa, supporting on campaign development, drafting press materials, liaising with agency partners, handling media inquiries and gathering stories from within our host community and from our platform to generate pitch ideas.
• Understanding local business or policy needs as well as global communications priorities and own a proactive communications plan and strategy for all relevant markets
• Handling proactive and reactive policy communications in region, liaising with key policy campaign and business stakeholders
• Draft written materials - story pitches, press releases, messaging guidelines, Q&As, briefs, presentations, speeches etc
• Prepare briefings for media interviews and public speaking engagements
• Understand the media market and develop relationships with key reporters
• Work closely and seamlessly with the European policy and communications teams
• Manage agencies effectively to deliver outstanding results on behalf of the business
• Work with and influence teams cross functionally, integrating comms plans seamlessly with other departments and functions, such as marketing, policy etc and maintaining a diplomatic and considered approach to the wider business objectives.
• Provide trusted comms counsel to in market stakeholders, i.e. Country Manager, Policy Campaign Manager etc
• Act as a key contributor to the success of the Communications team in UKI & Northern Europe
• University educated + 8 or more years of experience in communications or a related field
• Excellent writing and strong verbal communications and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with multi-functional leads in a matrix organisation
• Fluent English, spoken and written. Proficiency in Dutch is positive but not required
• Experience in media relations with an established media network
• Experience working on projects in a fast-paced environment
• Passion for simplicity and getting things done
• Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
• Strong problem solving skills and interest in consumer issues
• Maintaining enthusiasm and a calm demeanor in stressful situation.
• Ability to travel, sometimes on short notice
Interested? Please apply today!