Job descriptionCommunications Manager - Charity
Up to 45k dep experience
Our client is looking for a Communication and Content Manager, to support their member engagement and communications team. To lead the strategic development, direction and day-today delivery of its communications, to be accountable for the clients media and public relations, content plan, social media, crisis management, and internal communications. Through an effective communications plan, you will be responsible for promoting the clients activities externally and internally, in order to raise their profile and increase the level of engagement with key stakeholders.
Responsibilities to include:
- To own the content strategy and planning across the organisation.
- To develop and manage relationships with journalists and media partners.
- Lead, manage and deliver an external communications work program, including media relations, PR, and corporate/member publications.
- Plan and deliver a program of online PR, targeting identified keywords, in line with our SEO objectives.
- Develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships with key business areas to provide external communications advice and support.
- Plan, manage and deliver a range of high quality corporate communications projects, campaigns and activities to agreed timescales and budgets.
- Be proactive and reactive media enquiries, media releases and statements, briefings and building relationships with journalists, media advice and interview support.
- Manage the procurement of and relationships with creative agencies and suppliers.
- Assist the Associate Director of Member Engagement and Communications with crisis and reputation management, and business continuity.
- Manage the Social Media and Content Exec, and so will play a supporting role in the development and delivery of the social media and digital content strategy, ensuring our brand identity is appropriately managed and delivered across social and other channels (on and offline).
- Oversee the development of existing social media efforts in the context of our new organisational strategy and social media strategy
- Scale our brand messaging and look to amplify activity with media and industry partners.
- Work closely with Exec and Assistant Directors, establish a framework organisational messages and develop an internal communications plan using the most appropriate channels to keep staff informed.
- Formulate internal response to crisis PR situations
- Degree level education or equivalent (ideally in Marketing and Communications/Journalism).
- Experience of leading the PR activities of an organisation, including media relationships, brand management and crisis management
- Experience setting and delivering internal communications plans.
- Significant knowledge and experience in planning, managing and delivering press and external communication programmes (ideally within a professional body, trade association or membership organisation).
- A track record of forging successful partnerships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- A demonstrable record of setting, managing and achieving challenging performance targets.
- Exceptional copywriting, editing and proofreading skills, with excellent grammar and literacy. Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to relate to people at all levels.
- Evidence of further study and/or additional qualifications in communications, PR, marketing or journalism (desirable)
- Experience of leading an effective communications function (desirable)
- Experience working with (or within) digital media teams, including social media and SEO (desirable)
- Experience working at a senior level to develop communications lines (desirable)
If you haven't heard from us within 7 days, I am afraid you haven't been successful this time. Please do keep an eye on our website careermovesgroup.co.uk for further opportunities.