Job descriptionBusiness Analyst
Length: 8 Months
Rate: £100.00 - £130.00 per day
Hours: 9am – 6pm
Dimensions of the Role
This role is responsible for identifying the measurable financial benefits of processes improvements and developing balanced, robust business cases.
b) Market Complexity
This is a Global role which involves supporting markets across all regions. This includes identification of process improvement opportunities and responding to business changes, whilst maintaining a sound compliant set of Global processes and underlying technology.
c) Key Relationships
•OTC Superusers and Service Delivery Teams, both BSS and non-BSS
•RtR, PtP and Supply Chain Governance teams
•Accenture and other 3rd parties delivering technical support and solutions
•Outsourcing partners, e.g. Genpact
Purpose of the Role
To support the GDBS OTC agenda by leading in the areas of process, information and data analysis, backed up with a good practical awareness of the CARM and controls environment
Provide subject matter expertise to the business and project teams in a lead engagement role
Resolve complex business problems, working with the business, technical partners and the wider OtC Governance team
Deliver seamless SBM migrations ensuring that standard and maintainable OTC processes are transitioned into BSS network. This will include managing, coordinating and participating in service transition related projects across all Shared Service Locations
•Commercial Insight - Use sound analytical decision-making and emerging intuition for what is commercially right. Ensure that they have cost effective, viable solutions which fit both the market and Global agenda
•Bring the Diageo purpose to life – Be an ambassador for GDBS OTC and be passionate about shared services, using process standardisation, organisational design and technology to drive significant business benefits
•Consistently deliver great performance – Move effectively between the strategic and operational detail. Stay focused on the priorities and demonstrate rigor and brilliant execution
•Grow yourself – Demonstrate self-awareness and commit to growing your own capabilities
•Stakeholder Management – Builds alliances with key senior parties to gain their confidence and support
•People Management – Has excellent relationship building skills and ability to lead from within a team
1. Business Case Definition – Identification of target areas for business improvement / migration of tasks to Shared Services. Works with OTC Service and Governance team, Regional Business Partners and Project Managers to come up with innovative and practical solutions and build business cases.
2 .Process definition and governance and translation to system requirements – Identify and document process, information and data gaps. Gather, evaluate and challenge requirements. Match Gaps to functionality to enable detailed solution and system configuration.
3. System governance & Integration – Ensuring design and delivery of solutions that fit within the GDBS and OTC guiding principles and are aligned to the Enterprise Architecture. Champion OtC integration with RtR, PtP and Supply Chain. Proactively build relationships and solutions which support OTC integration agenda.
4.Solution Knowledge – Grow own knowledge of SAP-based solutions and uses this to build internal ongoing BAU capabilities in Governance and Service Delivery teams, via the creation and delivery of excellent process documentation and training.
5.UAT & Issue Management – Support, as appropriate, UAT and issue resolution.
Qualifications and experience required
- Extensive understanding of OtC processes and SAP technical knowledge
- Experience of working within Shared Services and migration of tasks into Shared Services
- Experience of working on SAP changes / projects
- Experience of DDM Delivery Methodology for projects
- Good business partnering skills with a desire to make a difference
- Proven ability to align / influence multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to produce high quality detailed documentation
- Commercial awareness
- Self initiator and proactivity
- Positive solution-finding and collaborative attitude
- Remains positive in ambiguous and often conflicting situations
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details
- Must hold self and others to account regarding clarity in roles and responsibilities
Barriers to success in role
- Lack of relevant experience e.g. SAP functional design
- Inability to build and manage strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Poor communication skills
- Unable to manage multiple concurrent activities and deadlines
- Low resilience and inability to operate successfully in a fast moving and often pressurised environment
- Lack of insight and commercial instinct
- Inability to strike the right balance to align global and local requirements
Flexible Working Options & Travel Requirements
This role may involve some travel; pattern of travel will be dependent on the needs of the projects.